The Madison Exchange Club will be meeting and conducting business over Zoom for the foreseeable future. Use the instructions below to set up and use Zoom for the first time. Zoom can also be used for personal use to stay in touch with family, friends and businesses.
Remote meetings give you the opportunity to attend meetings anytime and anywhere with the option to be a passive spectator or an active participant.
BEFORE GETTING STARTED
You do not need to create a Zoom account to join a Zoom meeting. However here are reasons why creating an account is a good idea.
1. You have to fill in your name manually EACH time you join a meeting without an account
2. If you plan to use Zoom frequently, having an account makes usage simpler
DECIDE WHAT DEVICE TO USE ZOOM ON
Zoom can be used on any Mac / PC / Laptop running MacOS or Windows that has a webcam and microphone. If your computer does not have a webcam and microphone, Zoom can be used on an iPad / Tablet / Smart Phone. Here are reasons to consider which device works best for you.
1. Computers with webcams are recommended for long term use because they can be set up once and used repeatedly. The camera angle, lighting and audio will remain consistent from session to session.
2. Tablets and Phones are the easiest to set up and get running quickly. Just install the Zoom Cloud Meetings app and you are ready to go. Be aware that you will need to hold your phone or tablet for the duration of the meeting or make a stand to prop up and hold your device at a comfortable height and angle with sufficient lighting.
3. In a pinch, you can dial in on any phone and join a meeting with audio only. You will not know who else is in the meeting or who is speaking.